Take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe,
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home,
- Be especially careful when buying/selling high value books,
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going,
- Take your cell phone along if you have one,
- Consider having a friend accompany you,
- Trust your instincts.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources: